By Carmen Stinson on Apr 18, 2018
1 min read
To find savings by managing your rental car program you need to respect the following:
- Have a policy: set max daily rate, with or without insurance included.
- Have a corporate rate with a preferred vendor: select top cities; loyalty program.
- Partner with TMC to consolidate booking channels: assign a dedicated group of agents to travel program.
- Training & education!
Statistics said that, yearly, $70k in rental car 90% are booked with one vendor.
There are more opportunities for savings:
- 21% of bookings paid for upgrades.
- 3% of travelers upgraded at the counter at company expense.
- 45% of travelers added unnecessary additional insurance coverage.
Here are solutions to find savings by managing your rental car program:
- Loyalty program enrollment refresh + online booking tool message to travelers.
- Block car upgrades and set direct billing of agreed car classes to the company card.
- Travel policy retraining, online booking tool message + international traveler study of true insurance needs.
Ready to learn more? Contact us and take your corporate travel to the next level.
By: Carmen Stinson
Director, Global Corporate Travel